Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ticks!



I love the summer! It is probably one of my most favorite times of the year. Today I walked outside and it was about 100 degrees.

One of my favorite things to do during the summer is going hiking! It is a blast. However, I am used to mountain hiking and not Missouri hiking. The other day two of my good friends and I went hiking and I had my first experience with the tick infesting woods of Missouri. I was completly excited when I got in my car after hiking for about 4 miles going through creeks and mud that I didn't have any ticks on me.

However, the irony to this story is that about 3 hours later I was at my friends house watching a movie when all of a sudden I see it, A TICK ON MY ARM! Yes....you heard me. I started screaming until my African friend told me calm myself and my friend got the thing off of me. Sooo...Missouri hiking has put a whole new definition to what I call roughing it! Sooo...my advice...watch out for the ticks!

No comments: