Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Forward!

This past weekend I experienced NEW! I found myself finally venturing out alone toward the dreams and passions God has placed in my heart. I was visiting a church deciding whether I would be a fit as a staff pastor there. I must admit it was a new experience for me that took me all the way to the great state of Conn. I think for the first time in my life I was gripped with the fact that I was actually going to have to do this thing alone….lol! For so long I always talked about how I wanted to do ministry and now here it is right in my face. I must admit at times I wish I had a man at my side, but I know for this season God wants me to do this thing alone!

However, as I preached this weekend and met new people, I found that this is my passion. This is what I love. I love to go out and meet new people. I love to preach. I love to teach. I love to talk about evangelism. I love to do evangelism. I love to encourage people to be all they can be. I love to think of all God can do through someone who places their life in their hands. I love how God can take nothing and make it something. I love how God can put flesh back on bones. I LOVE THE GOD I SERVE!

So as I sit in the airport this morning and head back to the familiar, to the place I’ve grown to love and the people I’ve loved for last four years, I find that I am not quite the same. In a sense, I have grown through this experience. Whether I go to Conn. or not, I will be moving in the next 4 weeks. I still get a little nervous at the thought, but yet I am exciting because I am living my dream! Sooo….as James Douglas inspires me to say, Forward I must GO!

No comments: