Saturday, July 26, 2008

Frustration!

Frustation! You know the feeling you get and you feel like you just want to scream/throw something/punch a pillow! YES...I know frustration well. Its been a close friend to me for awhile now! There have been times when I have wondered what to do with it or why I get so frustrated! It seems that I can toss aside my frustration for most things easily, such as irritating people and situations, but yet there is an inner frustration within me that never goes away. This is my familiar friend. I used to feel bad about it. I thought it was wrong to be frustrated about how things are. However, I have learned something in this summer. Sometimes God places frustrations inside us! What is wrong is if you just stay frustrated and never do anything about it. Frustration can be used for good when it propels you to do things you can only dream of. WHen I realized that God had placed inside of me frustrations, it began to change my perspective on life! I began to realize that its okay to be frustrated....WHEN I DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Bill Heybels calls it an "I can't stand it any longer moment." He talks about the things that make us mad can be things that we change. SOOOO...As I look at the church, students in this generation, and the way things are, I get frustrated sometimes, but yet I press on and determine that I am going to do something about it!

No comments: