Saturday, May 17, 2008

Speaking truth!

There are moments in life when you have to be honest with people and speak into their lives. These times are not fun for me. I would much rather just let the issue go and put off the whole challenge my brother and sister in Christ. However, there are times when you know something is right to speak up on. You see, some people you meet you see so much potential in. When you look at them it is almost like you can glimpse the great things God is going to use them to do in the future. However, in the present, you can see something in their life that is going to hinder God working. usually, I find it easier to just pray that God will change this in their life. However, I know that this is not always what God calls me to do. Like it says in Proverbs, as iron sharpens iron so one man or woman sharpens another man or woman. So...sometimes you have to roll up your sleeves, prepare yourself, and speak tough words into the lives of those you truly love.

God help me in the moments when I must do this as a spiritual leader to not shirk my responsibility but stand up and speak into peoples lives what is right!

No comments: