Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Time to be Hidden!

There have been few times in my life when I have felt hidden. It is during this time that I have felt so alone at times. I have felt like my world has been taken from underneath me and I am in a strange place where it is time to take identity stock. I guess for a long while I have been in college and if I wasn't in classes I was busy involving myself in ministry, especially evangelism and youth ministry. These past few weeks have been the first weeks in about 5 years that I have not been involved actively in ministry. I will be the first to admit that this time is not the easiest on me. It has been a time that at first I didn't understand. However, during this time I have re-learned to place my identity solely in God. I have been able to recapture my first love again.

Over these weeks I have become broken again. I have prayed more than I have in years. God is birthing a vision so deep inside me that it takes my breath away. Today, I fell on my face in the carpet of Welch as God began to relay to me his heartbeat. I literally feel like out of this hidden time GOd is birthing a vision to reach this generation of young people in the depths of my being. I have gotten to the point where everything else is meaningless. I am bound to the cause of spreading God to dying generation. I think this is the place the Lord has been trying to get me to. A place where God face is all I seek and through seeking his face he reveals to me how to reach a generation of students that is in desperate need of Gods touch.

This generation of young people has gotten so deep in my heart over the past 4 years. I see their faces at night. I cannot help but hear their cries for help. It keeps me awake at night to think that students that walk past me every day have never heard of Jesus Christ, besides as a cuss word. It bothers me deeply that youth minsistries have become inward focused. I can stand it no longer. I cannot stand it to the point that I feel like God's passion for this generation to come to know him is bursting within me. I lay awake at night thinking about how to disciple students. I get excited about how to teach students to reach into their communities and lives around them and make a difference to God. I am ruined to the cause of reaching this generation for Christ.

I challenge all of you that read this to allow God to begin to ruin you. Allow his passion to get inside of you and grip you so deeply that nothing else matters to you any longer.

No comments: