Sunday, May 11, 2008

Horseshoes and Lincolns Tomb!







This past weekend I got to go to Springfield, Illinois. It was nice to be in a Springfield besides the one I presently reside in for now. The road trip there was eventful. We blew a tire...and I found myself actually learning how to change a tire. Yah...this nice police officer stopped and told us we picked a bad place to blow a tire...which made me laugh because its not like you can control where your tire blows. He was a sweet officer though and I am glad he stopped and helped us. We ended up having to drive at 65 on the interstate all the way and it was great times. When we got there I had the privilege of experiencing a "horseshoe." Now this is an illinois tradition. It is where you have toast covered with a meat and freshfries that is all covered with cheese sauce. It was delicious!!! Thank you Darcy's! (This is the local place that serves this delicacy)


Also, I got to see the famous Illinois state capitol that I have heard so much about. Supposedly it looks most like the National Capital. (at least thats what my friend AJ believes) I also got to see Lincoln's tomb...which was a little scary to be inside of...but really beautiful! It was a great trip. I love going to new places!








No comments: