Monday, April 11, 2011

SIMPLE & BLUNT...THE WAY GOD can SPEAK!

God can sometimes speak to us in simple and blunt ways! Right now, I am in a place of transition in my life. I don't necessarily know what the 'next step' is. I have thought more than I ever thought possible. I wore my brain out trying to figure out possibilities and got overwhelmed by what seemed to be impossibilities. I have felt afraid and scared to move forward. I have felt trapped where I am at. My heart is with students and teenagers. And somehow I have been forgetting that God gave me that desire and he can open up the right door to minister to them.



Last week I was sitting in my cube at work feeling remorse and regret for not even attempting to take a risk. And this is the moment that God spoke to me in a simple and blunt way through a friend. My friend came up to me and I was asking, "Would you not do something based on__________ (insert my latest fear)! My friend looked at me and simply and bluntly spoke these words. "April look around you." So I did! All I around me I saw what he was seeing. In my cube I surround myself with quotes on faith and God doing the impossible and never giving up. I am one of those people who is crazy enough to believe that God can work miracles and God can do something when there seems to be nothing. I have lived this reality. I looked up and said to my friend. "Yeah I see it!" He then said the words that God has used in my life this past week. Simple and blunt, but true words! "April you surround yourself with quotes on faith, but do you apply it. You preached to your students and taught us as leaders to always attempt great things. Why would you stop now."



I left that conversation reminded of a powerful lesson. Don't let doubt creep in and stop you from the amazing things God has for you to accomplish. How lame to wake up five years from now and realize that you didn't take the risk, accept the challenge, or even attempt. Look, right now, I have no idea what is going to happen, how it will happen, or how I will afford it all. YET GOD DOES...AND HE IS NEVER CAUGHT BY SURPRISE!



I just know that its time for me to apply FAITH! To you my wonderful friends...pray with me along this journey right now that God will give me faith that I have never had before. And I pray for you as well, that the Lord will give you faith as well right now to do everything he has for you!

No comments: