Monday, September 6, 2010

JUST RELAX

"Just RELAX!" I was sitting in church this weekend. Pastor Jonathan was winding down with his sermon and God kept whispering to my heart to respond to him. As soon as response time started I was on my knees telling God how much I needed him. It was not long until the tears began to spill down my face and I just poured my heart out to God. I told him everything that I was feeling lately, my hurts, fears, rejections, scares, questions, concerns, dreams, and anxious thoughts. I spilled it all out! I felt God's presence wash over me and him gently placed his arm on my shoulder whispering to me, "Just RELAX...trust that I have got ya!" In that moment all my trust issues dissolved, I let go, and trusted God. In that moment all the burdens I had been carrying fell of and I had this "AWE" moment where I felt FREE!



I think some days the words "Just RELAX" are not in my vocabulary. I am a workaholic. I find most signifigance in getting lots done. So that already was a tough pill too swallow. Pastor April....just APRIL at the core of myself....RELAX? It was a crazy thought!



Then God threw out the trust word! TRUST....TRUST GOD! Like Pastor Jonathan was saying, "Why do we fight trusting God. We act like if we trust him he will mess everything up." That is me a lot of times. I feel like if I trust God, he will run off like the next guy or he will hurt me or he will mess things up! However, I realized that God is the one who created TRUST! Why do I not trust HIM! I relized that RELAXATION and TRUSTING GOD....go hand in hand.



You cannot RELAX on a daily basis until you are fully TRUSTING that God is in control of your life!



I know that maybe you have already had all of this figured out, but for me this hit me in the face this weekend and I thought I would share!



So if you need to "JUST RELAX" (Even if you are a workaholic like me) then its time to FULLY TRUST GOD! When you fully trust God you can have that "AWE" moment when the weight of the burdens fall off your back and you know that God's got ya!



Lets TRUST HIM and JUST RELAX this week!

No comments: