Thursday, April 22, 2010

What I Don't Understand!

There are a lot of things I don't understand. Most of these things, I just shove off the table to clear for the tasks of the day that I can understand and solve. However, these things that I don't understand seem to find their way back into my path again and leave me with my mouth gapping. I guess these are the things that make for a strong prayer life. You have to pray through what you do not understand. And after a good prayer--you can move beyond the pile of the un-understood on the floor.

Which brings me to something that I have never quite understood. Why is strength in a woman often looked down upon? The reason why I struggle so much with this is because I was raised in a family where my Mom and Dad instilled strength in me. There goal was for me to make it, and not just make it, but be able to thrive. The greatest thing my Dad ever said was "April don't ever change who you are. Always live for what you are called to. Always honor God. You honor God when you live out the life he's called you to live." I've lived this out. I find my strength in God and living out his calling for my life!

What I don't understand is why that places me in a whole different category as a woman?

I guess I won't ever understand, but honestly it's one of those things I don't have to worry about. Like all the other things I don't understand--I will shove it off the table and embrace the strength God has given me for another day of bi-vocational church planting youth ministry!!!!

No comments: