Saturday, August 28, 2010

Block Party

Today was an amazing day. I got to serve beside some of the most amazing people. My youth leaders continue to astound with the love that they serve me with. I am so lucky to have each and every one of them. And my students were rolling up their sleeves as well loving on the people on the block and serving!

In case you are wondering what I am rambling about, we had a block party today in Willard on Willow Lane. This block has stole my heart. On it live real families, real people, just living life. We don't know all their stories and we have not lived their lives, but they certainly deserve love.

I got to meet the most amazing people on the block today. It was incredible to learn their names, hear their stories, talk through experiences, play games with them. And lets not forget I beat 5 guys and 1 girl in a watermelon eating contest!

My point is that this is MINISTRY. Ministry goes where the people are. It does not expect them to come to us.

I wonder about it sometimes...what would if I never went beyond the church walls how many people I would have missed!

I challenge each of you that read this to step out, meet some people outside the church, get to know their names, and ultimately help them see the love of God through your life!

No comments: