Friday, March 19, 2010

What to do....?

In life there are moments when you wish that you could get a direct yes or no answer. However, there are moments that are more complicated. In fact, more is at stake. The entire direction and course of your life will be changed by one decision. These are not easy moments. In fact, these are the moments that draw me to the Word and make me ask, "God what do you want me to do?"
Sometimes I expect a flash of lightening, a thundering voice from the sky telling me what to do. However, that is not often the answer I get. Often the answer I get is the peace that comes when I walk in the right direction. When I am headed the wrong way I have to walk past several warning signs and pretty much ignore God.

So this brings me to the place I am at this very second. I could easily force something. I could easily avoid. I could easily choose the easy choice. I could easily just BE!

Or I could open myself up to God and allow him to speak....allow him to direct my steps......

No comments: