Thursday, August 14, 2008

The process of brokeness!

Have you ever broken a glass and as the shattered pieces go everywhere...you scream! Than you wonder how you are going to get all the pieces of glass off the floor without cutting yourself. Well...if you're me, you will end up somehow cutting yourself in this process. Awe...the joy of broken things.

Lately...I know that God has been breaking me! Now...I must admit that I have not come out of this process without feeling like he has been cutting things out of my life and replacing them wiht things that are much better. Last night, I had one of those amazing times of brokeness. You know the ones I'm talking about...The ones that cut deep!

I was at Real Life. I must admit I didn't feel like leaving that night to go to the adult prayer service. I really wanted to be with students. Thats when I spotted her, a girl who was sitting all by herself. I went and sat with her and I realized how awesome it is to be used by God. I had a conversation with this girl...that reminded me of what my heart is broken for!

After the service I sat in my car crying...just broken. I am so broken for the students of this generation. I pray often for them....and my soul cries out for them. I want to pray over them, preach to them, teach them, disciple them, and challenge them, and launch them forward to be world changers. Lets just say last night was one night I was thankful it took AJ forever to get back to my car. In that time last night....God began to break me for what is ahead! I feel like God is breaking me to be a part of a ministry to students that has never been attempted. I am willing to wait for God to begin to fill in the blanks. I am willing to become more broken. I want to lose the old glass of a person that I was and be made new into a young woman so broken for a generation that it propels me to do what has never been done before! Aweee...the wonderful process of being broken! :)

No comments: