Monday, January 21, 2008

Look Beyond!

"Do not judge a man by what he appears to be, but see him as what he can be if he gives himself unreservedly to God." Francis Roberts

James 2:3-4 "If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, 'Here's a good seat for you,' bt say to the poor man, 'You stand here' or 'Sit on the floor by my feet' have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts."

This simple thought brought me to my knees tonight! There are so many times when I look at people and think they aren't worth my time. I must admit that there have been times when I have looked at the junior high girl who feels called to be a missionary with much love and looked with judgment upon the girl who wears black, sits in a corner, and refuses to listen to you when you try to talk to her. I don't know why I do this, but its much more easier for me to get along with an extrovert than the quiet, misunderstood person.

However, I am moved by the thought that Christ died for all. When his eyes fall upon my youth ministry he doesn't see students the way I do....he see's students he died for and deeply loves. It is time for me to have a vision change. I want to be able to not judge people by their appearance but look at them through Christ eyes as his marvelous creation with boundless potential.

Isn't this why I am in ministry? This is the purpose of what I do....

I challenge you who might read this blog to refocuse your eyes today and begin to see those around you for who they can become in Christ. Don't let judgments stop you from loving. Look at those around ou with joy that God has called you to see who they can become!!!! He can change the cynic. He can change the hopeless. He can change the broken. He can change lives! We serve an awesome GOD!!!

No comments: