Monday, November 30, 2009

The power of Prayer

There is something about staring your dying Grandpa in the eyes and trying to tell him to have faith in God, that God loves him and can work in a miracle in his situation. I don't know about you, but in moments like this I don't feel much like a woman of faith, nontheless a Pastor. Its hard to stand up for your faith with family. You want to make them understand so badly their need to just trust in God.

Over the past month, I have watched my Grandpa grow weaker and weaker, losing more weight than I ever thought possible. I can see what the cancer is doing to him. I hear more reports from doctors than I ever care to hear. They all are at best the worst scenario. In moments like this, its tough to remind yourself that God is bigger!

Right now, I don't know what to feel. One of my heroes is dying, and there is nothing I can do but pray. I know prayer seems a little weak to me at the moment, but I remind myself of its power. Knowing the power of prayer, I wanted to ask you guys to please pray for my Grandpa and my family.

Specifically, pray my Grandpa would accept Jesus Christ into his heart. Pray that he would be healed of cancer, pray for my step-grandma trying to take care of him, and pray for my family who is very torn up about this whole situation.

No comments: